Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cheap thrills for stars

You’ll be surprised to know that, despite the glamorous life of celebs, mababaw din ang kaligayahan nila. The rich and famous like them also go for cheap thrills. Apres tout, the simplest joys are the truest ones.

ALFRED VARGAS: “Sunday driving without a particular destination, watching spider fights in our Bulacan farm, pushing the grocery cart like I’m riding a skateboard.”

MIRIAM QUIAMBAO: “A glass of taho in the morning, munching ice cream cones, listening to my fave relaxation CD while having ‘ME’ time at home.”

MARVIN AGUSTIN: “DVD marathons, food trips (I eat anything!), collecting playbills of musicals and stage plays.”

PRECIOUS LARA QUIGAMAN: “Watching Jackie Chan movies over and over, chicheria from sari-sari stores, collecting stationery.”

DENNIS TRILLO: “Eating isaw and banana cue. I’m a sticker-happy person.”

MARK HERRAS: “Pigging out on qwek qwek, eating lugaw with tokwa, running away every time I spot a cockroach.”

MARCO ALCARAZ: “Collecting ref magnets, eating chocolates, playing basketball.”

KARYLLE: “Asking for stickers from coffee shops, singing in a storm, getting fruits from people.”

CHRISTIAN BAUTISTA: “Frying quail eggs, mixing pork and beans and vienna sausage, lying in a hammock while playing darts.”

RACHEL ALEJANDRO: “Saving toiletry items from hotel rooms, eating chichacorn, getting free lipstick from my fave makeup store for turning in six empty containers for recycling.”

KATRINA HALILI: “Eating in tapsilogan places, selling barbecue at my tita’s stall, riding the LRT when I was not in show biz yet.”

MARIEL RODRIGUEZ: “Eating dirty ice cream, using Globe unlitext, getting freebies/gift packs.”

PAOLO CONTIS: “Eating at Dampa, collecting old cricket lighters. When I’m abroad I always take the bus or MRT since I can’t do that here.”

TIN-TIN BERSOLA: “Addiction to taking pictures, buying plastic wares from a cart-pushing street vendor, to give away to my staff and helpers, buying at the Vente store where everything is P20 only.”

JED MADELA: “Eating isaw and fish balls, collecting catalogues and travel brochures, garage sales and bargains.”

YASMIEN KURDI: “Taking a shower in the rain, having taho in the morning, eating banana cue bought sa kanto-kanto.”

KRISTA RANILLO: “Collecting receipts for tax, eating chupa chups, checking my Facebook account.”

No comments: